Press & Media
In The News
- “A Kind Day Message of Aid and Interfaith Tolerance: Christian, Jewish, and Muslim teens prepare food for elderly and homebound.”
The Philadelphia Inquirer. 19 January 2010.
- “Religious Leaders Council Plans Zones for Peace.”
The Bulletin. 23 March 2009.
- “Finding Similarities Among the Differences.”
The New York Times. 11 November 2008.
- “After Mourning, Remembrance: Religious Leaders Mark End of Mourning Period for Slain Philadelphia Police Officers.”
The Catholic Standard Times. 30 October 2008.
- “State of the Union: The Black-Jewish Union”
Jewish Exponent. 15 January 2009.
- “Clergy Urge Lasting Peace.”
The Philadelphia Inquirer. 3 June 2008.
- “Building a Beloved Community Through Interfaith Action.”
The Mainline Times. February 2008.
- “Walking the Walk.”
Jewish Voice. February 2008.
- “Nutter Leads Pledge for Peace in City: Interfaith Event Begins Inaugural Festivities.”
The Philadelphia Inquirer. 4 January 2008.
- “NIM: A best-kept secret no more.”
Chestnut Hill Local. 5 July 2007.
- WHYY Interview with Eboo Patel. (Click to Download)
Eboo Patel was interviewed by Marty Moss-Coane on WHYY’s Radio Times on Tuesday, February 12th on 90.9 FM.
- “Interfaith Teen Programs”
NIM News. Winter 2007.
- “Night of Service, Role of Hospitality.”
Jewish Exponent. 30 November 2006.
- “Olney Unity Day.”
The Olney Times. 25 March 2006.
- “For the Common Good.”
ECU Dialogue. Fall 2005.
- “In Wake of 9/11, Interfaith Initiatives Get a Boost”
Jewish Exponent. 16 December 2004.
- Opinion: Striving to Create a Different Kind of Post-9/11 Building Project (Click to Download)
- Interfaith Youth Group Cleans Up Cobbs Creek Community Environmental Education Center
15 May 2008
- The Interfaith Center Hosts a Day of Environmental Action
1 April 2008
- Hurricane Katrina Relief
Press Release, September 2006
From Staff & Board
- Encountering Other Faiths.
Maria Hornung MMS. Paulist Press, 2007.
- “Making Dialogue Real.”
Maria Hornung MMS. Journal of Ecumenical Studies, Vol. 43 (2). Spring 2008.
- “Dialogue through Arts – ‘Opening the World’s Door’.”
Abby Stamelman Hocky, MSW, Rev. Susan Teegen-Case, and Rabbi Carol Harris-Shapiro. Interactive Faith: The Essential Interreligious Community-Building Handbook. Eds. Bud Heckman and Rori Pickner Neiss. Skylight Paths, 2008.
- Letter to the Editor, Philadelphia Inquirer
Abby Stamelman Hocky, Executive Director, September 2010.
- Eugene C. Bay Urban Ministry Award,
Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church, Walking the Walk, 2006
- Bridge Builders Community Award,
Interfaith Youth Core, Walking the Walk, 2009