Faith Immersion Series
This timely and relevant training, designed for professionals in health, faith, and social-service settings, offers a series of one-day intensives to learn more about the religious backgrounds of colleagues, clients, patients, and other constituencies. Participants may register per day or for the full series.
Each day-long workshop provides in-depth exposure to a major religious tradition. Held on site at a religious institution, this program consists of a morning of instruction by a faculty member or scholar regarding the religion’s sacred books, rituals, and practices, followed by lunch and an afternoon exploring field-specific case studies led by professionals with related expertise.
Our training is co-developed by the Interfaith Center of Greater Philadelphia and LaSalle University’s Social Work and Catholic Studies Programs, in collaboration with the participating communities.
Our Upcoming Faith Immersion Series:
- March 19, 2011 – Catholic Intensive, at LaSalle University
- April 9, 2011 – Baha’i Intensive, at Baha’i Community of Philadelphia
- April 29, 2011 – Jewish Intensive, at Reconstructionist Rabbinical College
- May 15, 2011 – Muslim Intensive, at Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Fellowship and Mosque
- June 3, 2011 – Baptist Intensive, at American Baptist Churches Mission Center
For More Information
- Faith Immersion Flyer Program costs, dates, eligibility, and CEC credits